GEP has advised on numerous ground-breaking transactions, guiding clients drawn from the local business space and international circles as well as regulatory agencies on the legal, regulatory and commercial issues involved in several pilot s in Nigeria’s evolving sectors. Our involvement in pioneer transactions includes but is not limited to the following:
- Ajaokuta Steel Rolling Mill: Drafting of the first ever Concession Agreement in Nigeria between the Nigerian Federal Government and a foreign company.
- ESCRAVOS/EGBIN GAS PIPELINE – Advised on the financing of the $400 Million (Four Hundred Million US Dollars) required for the Escravos/Egbin Gas Pipeline project.
- Lagos State Metroline: Advised a French Consortium which won the contract for the proposed construction and maintenance of the Lagos Metroline Project. The first of its kind in Nigeria.
- MTS First Wireless: Advised MTS First Wireless on the first joint venture and PPP on mobile telephony in Nigeria, with the Nigerian Telecommunications Limited.
- Abuja International Airport: Advised a consortium that successfully won the bid for the ongoing 99 years Concession of the airport, a first in Nigeria.
- NIMASA: Pioneering adviser to NIMASA on the procurement of search and rescue helicopters.